Name:
Location: Israel

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sweet and bitter

I rid myself of the delusion that it was preferable to write daily. It was a struggle. I paced and pondered. I fretted. I surmised. I considered my millions of readers and their doubt and uncertainty: What if some local catastrophe disrupted communication - would the readers panic? Better that they should not depend on circadian soliloquies.
With my clarity polished by this fuzzy rag of freedom from deadline, I took time, among other activities, to watch a DVD of the 1969 Sweet Toronto Peace Festival. As John Lennon sang I noted that we could get every single Israeli, and every married Israeli - but not everyone at the same time, because someone would have to be taking care of the babies; and for religious reasons, some women would not sing - we could get all of Israel to sing, "All we are saying is give peace a chance."
Sadly, with bitter pride I knew that no Arab nation would sing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home