Name:
Location: Israel

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Personal

I haven't posted a blog for twenty days. Been busy.
My birthday. 59.
A daughter's birthday. 30.
Machinations of politicians.
Husbandry of hatred.
A visit from England from my favorite aunt and uncle, whose presence lead to the orchestration of a family get-together, meals in restaurants.
Journeys to and from Tel Aviv, Kfar Saba.
Hosting my sister and her husband for an overnight, which lead to my missing the wedding of the daughter of the teacher at the Ulpan I attend.
Running a hole-in-the-wall feeding-hole in the Old City. Retiring from the food field once my employer returned from abroad.
Fantasies, reveries about people I've encountered or heard about at work, at Ulpan, at bus stops.
Waiting, waiting for notices that the post office is holding packages for me.
This list is discarded peels and seeds of my fruitful few weeks.
With courage, which will provide the necessary time, stamina, and resolve to complete the poems, stories and essays whose seeds are strewn here, I shall be what I shall be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home